Last year I took my first steps into self-publishing, uploading one short story and then adding two re-vamped public domain farm and garden books. Though I felt the expected rush of joy when I made my story available to the … Continue reading
Finally! It’s taken at least six weeks longer than I expected. Turns out 412 original pages take much more work than 100 pages. I didn’t think to check the length before I started, so my bad! I’m learning with every … Continue reading
So here is my first draft of a cover for Cassell’s Popular Gardening. As much as I wanted a spare, modern style for 200 Eggs, I wanted something much more old-fashioned for this one, which is a turn-of-the-century English gardening … Continue reading
Hello everyone. We’re back from our visit to Washington, D.C. Had a great time and so did the parents, we think, but also came home very sore and tired. Spent the weekend resting. Today I’m back at work on Volume … Continue reading
The first in our line of public domain garden and farm books will be available soon. I’m proofing it one last time, and then will convert and upload. More soon, with links to the Amazon and B&N pages.
So here is my first draft of a cover for the chicken book. For some reason I was drawn to this very spare, modern style for the cover, which I admit is an odd choice for a turn-of-the-century book. But … Continue reading
But it’s going to be at least another week. Re-working books from the public domain takes a remarkable amount of time, more than I expected. I need to learn more about reworking the graphics, and going through round after round … Continue reading