I am happy to report that I finished 1789 new words this week. This doesn’t quite catch up the full 1000 word deficit I was carrying, but it comes very close.
To do this I had to use an old writer’s trick: I jumped to a new section. Since the technical details in the part I was working on were giving me a lot of trouble, I decided to write a different part that I was more sure of. This actually taught me something, since working on the later parts has helped to clarify how much technical detail might be useful early on. I think I need to learn this lesson over and over again, that when something gets stuck there’s often an actual reason why. It’s not always a simple failure on my part.
As we approach the last days of this round of ROW80, I have so far written 10,127 words. Since my 1000 words/week goal would have me at 12,500 words by the end, I know that I need to get through another 2373 words in the next eleven days. It looks like an entirely doable goal at this point.
Here again is the blog hop link for today’s check-in. I hope everyone else had a good week too.